The U-2/51-JET incorporates a striking combination of the brand’s trademark vintage ‘51’ lume, originally found on the Limited Edition P-51, together with heat treated steel blued hands. The U-2/51-JET adds a new dimension to the existing range, taking fresh design cues from a military project commissioned by the RAF’s 100 Squadron members to celebrate their centenary and complement their Hawk T1 Jet aircraft. The 100 Squadron was the first squadron formed for night bombing back in 1917 and its stealthy appearance led to the introduction of a new case and middle barrel colour for this watch, aptly named ‘Jet’. Turning the watch over reveals an exhibition case back showing the beautiful automatic movement through tinted black smoked glass.
• modified calibre BE-36AE automatic
• 25 jewels
• 38 hour power reserve
• chronometer rated to ISO 3159 standard
• stainless steel DLC Trip-Tick® case construction
• DLC display back caseback
• metal dial, Super-LumiNova hands and numerals
• soft iron anti-magnetic Faraday cage and patented anti-shock movement mount
• patented inner bi-directional Roto-Click® bezel
• day and date at 3:00 o’clock
• domed anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire crystal
• water resistant to 100 metres
• black leather strap and additional Temple Island rubber strap
lug width: 22mm
Bremont is an award-winning British company producing beautifully engineered chronometers at their headquarters in Henly on Thames, England. Time began for Bremont in 2002, when they embarked on a journey to make masterfully crafted pilot’s watches of exceptional quality. Inspired by a love of flying historic aircraft and a passion for watches and all things mechanical, Bremont’s timepieces have been tested beyond the normal call of duty.
Bremont has manufactured watches for over 400 different military units around the world and works with some of the best British engineering companies: Martin-Baker, Rolls-Royce Aerospace, and Jaguar, to name a few. Their watches are the only watches to have ever gone through a live ejection testing programme! Immensely precise, reliable, and durable, Bremont’s watches are either COSC or ISO chronometer rated and are hand-built in limited numbers.