The DNA of the U-2 chronometer lies firmly with the military following the pioneering development and dramatic success of the Bremont military air-crew watch developed in association with the world’s largest ejection seat manufacturer, Martin-Baker. The elite 9th Reconnaissance Wing at Beale wanted a watch with the same testing history as the Bremont MB but one that had also been custom-tested to their own requirements. The finished U-2 chronometer has most of the advanced elements of the MB, including; the Anti-shock rubberised movement mount; designed to withstand the MB ejection seat program, but also added functionality.
• modified calibre BE-36AE automatic
• 25 jewels
• 38 hour power reserve
• chronometer rated to ISO 3159 standard
• hardened stainless steel Trip-Tick® case construction
• decorated stainless steel caseback
• Metal dial, Super-LumiNova hands and numerals
• soft iron anti-magnetic Faraday cage and patented anti-shock movement mount
• patented inner bi-directional Roto-Click® bezel
• day and date at 3 o’clock
• domed anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire crystal
• water resistant to 100 metres
• black leather strap and additional Temple Island rubber strap
lug width: 22mm
Bremont is an award-winning British company producing beautifully engineered chronometers at their headquarters in Henly on Thames, England. Time began for Bremont in 2002, when they embarked on a journey to make masterfully crafted pilot’s watches of exceptional quality. Inspired by a love of flying historic aircraft and a passion for watches and all things mechanical, Bremont’s timepieces have been tested beyond the normal call of duty.
Bremont has manufactured watches for over 400 different military units around the world and works with some of the best British engineering companies: Martin-Baker, Rolls-Royce Aerospace, and Jaguar, to name a few. Their watches are the only watches to have ever gone through a live ejection testing programme! Immensely precise, reliable, and durable, Bremont’s watches are either COSC or ISO chronometer rated and are hand-built in limited numbers.