First released in 2008 exclusively in the Japanese market, this diver’s watch is now available globally in Seiko’s 2020 Prospex collection. Nicknamed ‘Shogun’ by fans, meaning Japanese ‘Commander-in-chief,’ because of its strong looks. Its design echoes elements reminiscent of the armour and helmet worn by a ‘Shogun’ including triangular notches for the knurling of the rotating bezel and pointed markers on the bezel itself.
However, completely at odds with its weighty appearance, this is a lighter model made in titanium – ideal for everyday wear. This timepiece has a high visibility dial layout and a high power reserve of 70 hours with calibre 6R35. Seiko Prospex watches are designed for sports lovers and adventure seekers in the water, in the sky or on land. Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
• automatic caliber 6R35 with manual winding capacity
• 24 jewels
• date function with magnification
• stop second hand
• uni-directional rotating bezel
• 70 hour power reserve (approximate)
• titanium case with screw down crown
• sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
• Lumibrite on hands, index markers and bezel
• black dial
• titanium bracelet
• case diameter: 43.5 mm height: 13.2 mm
• light weight