Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Atelier Lou Bijouterie website, operated by the Atelier Lou Bijouterie and located at www.atelierlou.com. The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of this Site.
By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms, that you agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not granted permission to use this Site and must exit immediately.
- Registration. In order to access certain content, services, products or benefits on the Site, you will be asked to register and create an account. By registering an account on the Site, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or that you have the permission of a legal guardian (e.g., a parent) to use the Site. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a user name and password. You will also be required to provide Atelier Lou Bijouterie with certain information about yourself including some types of personally identifying information such as your email and your address. You are fully responsible for your account, including use of the account by any third party, and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may terminate your account at any time by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment. Some products or services on the Site will be available for purchase. By registering for such services from Atelier Lou Bijouterie or purchasing products or services on the Site, you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older. You are responsible for all charges incurred under your account, whether made by you or another person using your account. If for any reason Atelier Lou Bijouterie does not receive payment for a purchase, or if payment is found to be fraudulent, Atelier Lou Bijouterie may exercise its rights in law and equity, including (a) immediately suspending or terminating your account; (b) seeking collection of the outstanding amount owed; and/or (c) seeking legal action against you for the breach of these Terms. You are also responsible for paying any governmental taxes imposed in connection with use of the Site or the purchase or any products or services, including sales, use or excise taxes (excluding only taxes on Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s net income). To the extent that Atelier Lou Bijouterie is obligated to collect such taxes, the applicable tax will be added to your billing account. All sales on Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s website are final. For any refund requests, please email email@example.com. Atelier Lou Bijouterie has the right to make decisions regarding refunds on a case-by-case basis, and Atelier Lou Bijouterie will refund such purchases with credits toward future purchases on the Site.
- Proprietary Rights. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in an agreement between you and Atelier Lou Bijouterie, Atelier Lou Bijouterie owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components and any software concepts and documentation and other material on, in or made available through the Site (“Site Materials”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the Site Materials. All Site Materials are protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent and other applicable laws. As between any user and Atelier Lou Bijouterie, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to Atelier Lou Bijouterie or its affiliates, licensors (including “Trainers”), or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site Materials, other than the right to use the Site Materials in accordance with these Terms.
- Unauthorized Activities. You agree that you will not use the Site for (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including but not limited to import, export, copyright, and trademark laws); (b) modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling any of the Site Materials, unless otherwise authorized by these Terms or in a separate written agreement with Atelier Lou Bijouterie; (c) attempting to gain unauthorized access to Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any services provided through the Site; (d) any resale or commercial use of the Site; (e) any downloading or copying of the Site Materials for any reason other than your personal use, or any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools; (f) using the Site to access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes; or (g) removing, circumventing, disabling, damaging or otherwise interfering in any way with any security-related features of the Site aimed at preventing or restricting the unauthorized use of the Site or any of the Site Materials. You may use the Site and the Site Materials consistently with these Terms. Any other use of the Site or Site Materials, including but not limited to the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of Atelier Lou Bijouterie is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Materials could cause irreparable harm to Atelier Lou Bijouterie and that in the event of such unauthorized use, Atelier Lou Bijouterie shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
- Materials Submitted to the Site. Certain features of the Site may allow you to contribute comments, feedback, information, content, text, files, graphics, postings, and other materials and information for access, use, viewing and commentary by other users to the Site (“User Content”). By posting User Content, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the Site and all other persons and entities will not: (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement; or (c) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party. Unless Atelier Lou Bijouterie explicitly states otherwise in an agreement between you and Atelier Lou Bijouterie, upon your submission of User Content or other material or information to Atelier Lou Bijouterie, you grant Atelier Lou Bijouterie a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. If you believe that any content or postings on the Site violate your intellectual property or other rights, please follow our Complaint Procedure in Section 12 of these Terms.
- Third Party Web Sites and Content. The Site is available for informational purposes only. The Site may contain links to other Internet Web sites for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest. Use of such third party links, the Site and the Site Materials and any other material or content on and made available through the Site is entirely at your own risk. Atelier Lou Bijouterie does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party sites or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. Your use of any third party’s website is at your own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other websites. Atelier Lou Bijouterie does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third party website or advertised or provided on the Site.
- Privacy Statement. Any personal information that you provide to Atelier Lou Bijouterie on the Site is subject to our Privacy Statement, which is hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference as if set forth fully herein. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Atelier Lou Bijouterie via the Site or Internet electronic mail cannot be guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name. Atelier Lou Bijouterie can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 376 Victoria Avenue, Suite 100, Westmount, QC H3Z1C3.
- Disclaimer. The information on this Site is for informational purposes only. Without limiting anything else in these Terms or otherwise, Atelier Lou Bijouterie is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Site or Site Materials. Atelier Lou Bijouterie, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not responsible for and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Site Materials, User Content, products, data, services, links, advertisements or other items contained within the Site. Atelier Lou Bijouterie reserves the right to immediately remove any Site Materials or User Content for any reason or for no reason. Atelier Lou Bijouterie cannot and does not review all communications or products made available on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any User Content, Site Materials, the Site or the products or services made available in connection with the Site, including information submitted in connection with the Site Materials or other features at any time, with or without notice in its sole discretion. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of Site Materials or User Content and that you may not rely on such Site Materials or User Content.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Atelier Lou Bijouterie AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISClaim ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL USER CONTENT, THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Atelier Lou Bijouterie AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR Atelier Lou Bijouterie HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Atelier Lou Bijouterie AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE PRECEDING YEAR FOR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Atelier Lou Bijouterie AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any of these Terms, or feel Atelier Lou Bijouterie has breached these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Indemnification. You shall indemnify Atelier Lou Bijouterie and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and licensors (including “Trainers”) (“ Atelier Lou Bijouterie Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (“claims”) arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and your use of the Site, the Site Materials or any services, product or data obtained through the Site, your Company, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, the User Content, the Site Materials, the services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, except to the extent attributable to Atelier Lou Bijouterie, or any breach by you of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold Atelier Lou Bijouterie Indemnities harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such claims. You may not settle any claim without the prior written consent of Atelier Lou Bijouterie. Atelier Lou Bijouterie or its licensors may assume the defence of any claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defence. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any claim and to participate in the defence thereof. If Atelier Lou Bijouterie or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defence thereof, you shall have the right to defend the claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to Atelier Lou Bijouterie, subject to the right of Atelier Lou Bijouterie to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defence of any claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
- Internet Security. Atelier Lou Bijouterie uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. Atelier Lou Bijouterie will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that Atelier Lou Bijouterie shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Atelier Lou Bijouterie via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
- Complaint Procedures. If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify Atelier Lou Bijouterie by email at email@example.com a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
- Changes to these Terms; Termination. Atelier Lou Bijouterie reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update these Terms. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. Atelier Lou Bijouterie may suspend or terminate your account and/or your ability to use the Site, or any services on the Site, for failure to comply with these Terms, for providing Atelier Lou Bijouterie with untrue or inaccurate information about yourself, for infringement upon Atelier Lou Bijouterie proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Atelier Lou Bijouterie with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law rules; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE TERMS OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW NOW OR HEREAFTER ENACTED THAT IS BASED ON, DERIVED FROM, SIMILAR TO, OR CONNECTED WITH THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT DRAFTED BY THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF COMMISSIONERS ON UNIFORM STATE LAWS SHALL NOT APPLY EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS ALTERATION BY THESE TERMS OF THE APPLICABILITY OF ONE OR MORE SECTIONS OF THE LAW. By accessing, viewing, or using the services, works, content, or materials on the Site, you consent and agree to (a) the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the province of Quebec (b) accept service of process by personal delivery or mail; and (c) irrevocably waive the right to trial by jury and any jurisdictional and venue defences otherwise available.
- Miscellaneous. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, Atelier Lou Bijouterie makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, User Content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of Atelier Lou Bijouterie to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation.”
Welcome to the Atelier Lou Bijouterie website, operated by the Atelier Lou Bijouterie Company and located at www.atelierlou.com. This Privacy Statement addresses Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” “you” or “your”) other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
This Privacy Statement is incorporated into Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s Terms and Conditions for the Site by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact Atelier Lou Bijouterie through Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s Contact Page.
- Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, Atelier Lou Bijouterie may collect: (a) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with Atelier Lou Bijouterie via e-mail; and (b) information knowingly provided by the user through the Site in online informational sections, including any contact forms. Atelier Lou Bijouterie may also use Internet cookies and other identifiers or methods of web analysis (such as Google Analytics) to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your information being used in this way, most computer systems and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies or opting for “Do Not Track” features. Atelier Lou Bijouterie does not override these settings or options, and encourages you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products or benefits on the Site, you may be required to provide Atelier Lou Bijouterie with certain information, including some types of personally identifying information such as your email, your address, and your phone number. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Site or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features of your computer system or web browser, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products or benefits of the Site.
- Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by Atelier Lou Bijouterie may be used for limited purposes, including record keeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Personally identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information voluntarily provided to Atelier Lou Bijouterie may be added to Atelier Lou Bijouterie’s databases and used for future contact regarding updates to the Site or new services provided by Atelier Lou Bijouterie. From time to time, Atelier Lou Bijouterie may need to contact you regarding information you submitted to Atelier Lou Bijouterie. You agree that Atelier Lou Bijouterie may use your personal information for such contact with you. Atelier Lou Bijouterie may also desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information that Atelier Lou Bijouterie believes would be of particular interest. You will have the option of not being contacted by Atelier Lou Bijouterie and opting-out of such contacts by contacting Atelier Lou Bijouterie through one of the methods set forth above.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third-parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personally-identifying information that you provide to Atelier Lou Bijouterie through the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities not affiliated with Atelier Lou Bijouterie. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Atelier Lou Bijouterie enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third-party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Atelier Lou Bijouterie in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Atelier Lou Bijouterie or any other person or entity. Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data which visitors provide to Atelier Lou Bijouterie may also be provided to third-parties that contract with Atelier Lou Bijouterie to provide products, information or other services that Atelier Lou Bijouterie believes that visitors to the Site may be interested in obtaining. While Atelier Lou Bijouterie may undertake efforts to see that any third-party to which Atelier Lou Bijouterie discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third-parties are independent third-parties over which Atelier Lou Bijouterie exercises no control. Atelier Lou Bijouterie is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third-parties. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to Atelier Lou Bijouterie via the Site or e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
- Comments and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Site are public. As such, Atelier Lou Bijouterie assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
- Security Measures and Communicating with Atelier Lou Bijouterie. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Atelier Lou Bijouterie via the Site or via e-mail cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site’s content may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Atelier Lou Bijouterie is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request, Atelier Lou Bijouterie will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by Atelier Lou Bijouterie that has been voluntarily provided by you to Atelier Lou Bijouterie through email, contact forms, or other online avenues. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting Atelier Lou Bijouterie through one of the contact methods set forth above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided by you to Atelier Lou Bijouterie through email, contact forms, or other online avenues, prospectively retained by Atelier Lou Bijouterie or used by Atelier Lou Bijouterie for secondary purposes, by contacting Atelier Lou Bijouterie. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of web browser used to visit the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description hereunder.
- Right to Change Privacy Statement. Atelier Lou Bijouterie reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. Dated: March 26, 2019