Seiko Prospex ‘1965 Diver’, Black Edition
In stock (can be backordered)
Night diving is a great way to enjoy a completely different experience of the sea from that of diving in the daytime. Many divers are fascinated by the mysterious world of the ocean at night, making this recreational activity popular around the world. he black case expresses the darkness and silence of the night ocean, and the orange color is inspired by the lights that illuminate it.
Japan's first diver's watch, launched in 1965. The watch proved its reliability when used in the harsh environment of Antarctica in the 1960s. This new creation is true to its heritage in design, but is updated to the standards of today's Prospex. The watch is perfect for daily use with a slim profile and the low center of gravity of the case.
Seiko Prospex challenges every limit, with a collection of timepieces for sports lovers and adventure seekers whether in the water, in the sky or on land. Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative technology has changed global standards. Seiko is constantly striving to bring ever greater reliability and safety to both professional and recreational divers.
From the first diver's watch released in 1965, Seiko has been exceeding expectations for divers with its innovative technology. The first watch in a long lineage of diving instruments, it was launched in 1965 under the reference number 6217-8000, which is mostly known in the collecting community as the 62MAS – MAS being an acronym for “autoMAtic Selfdater”. A timepiece that guides you through the challenges in the deep blue.
• automatic caliber 6R35 with manual winding capacity
• 24 jewels
• date function
• stop second hand
• uni-directional rotating bezel
• 70 hour power reserve (approximate)
• stainless steel case with screw down crown
• sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
• Lumibrite on hands, index markers and bezel
• black dial with orange highlights
• Seichu braided polyester strap
• additional silicone strap included
• Limited EDITION and serial number engraved on the caseback
• case diameter: 40.5 mm height: 13.2 mm
Delivery to North America.
Send as a gift
Free gift wrapping.