Seiko introduces a new movement in the long-trusted 6R family that has a GMT function and a power reserve extended to a full 72 hours. Caliber 6R54 is presented in three new Prospex editions, all of which are modern re-interpretations of a Seiko classic from 1968.
Seiko Prospex ‘1968 Reinterpretation’ GMT, Black: Product Details
• automatic caliber 6R54 with manual winding capacity
• 24 jewels
• date function
• stop second hand
• GMT function / Independent 24-hour hand adjustment function
• uni-directional rotating bezel
• 72 hour power reserve (approximate)
• stainless steel case with screw down crown (super hard coating)
• sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
• Lumibrite on hands, index markers and bezel
• unidirectional bezel with ceramic insert
• black dial
• stainless steel bracelet
• case diameter: 42 mm height: 12.9 mm
Seiko Prospex challenges every limit, with a collection of timepieces for sports lovers and adventure seekers whether in the water, in the sky or on land. Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative technology has changed global standards. Seiko is constantly striving to bring ever greater reliability and safety to both professional and recreational divers.
Ever since its first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko has developed new technologies, features, and designs that have made the Seiko Prospex diver’s watch collection a favorite among professional and recreational divers the world over. Through more than a half-century of innovation, Seiko has continuously pushed back the boundaries of where sports watches, and diver’s watches in particular, can go and how they can be used. Continuous enhancements over the decades in safety, reliability, legibility, and ease of use have made Seiko a leader in diver’s watches.